Friday, January 14, 2011

People look at me and think I'm just that goofy kid who likes to sing stupid rap songs.  And they're right.  I am a goofball.  The world needs some goofy people out there.  Goofing off promotes joy.  And I'm a big fan of joy.  I'll admit that sometimes I feel looked down upon for being this way.  But it goes both ways.  Those who may look down upon me are in turn looked down upon by me.  Social paradox.

At the top of the Capitoline hill today I was reassured of why I was here.  That indescribable feeling.  Standing on the heart of the world I felt happy.

In the basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore I felt another feeling I came here to find.  Where is God?  This question I have grappled with many times in the past year.  I still can't answer.  But today, in that basilica, I felt something- something ethereal, something cosmic.  I sort of realized how tied in we are with each other and how tied in I am.  And that's beautiful.    

No comments:

Post a Comment